ChildFund is an international child focused development agency working in 33 countries to create lasting and meaningful change in the lives of more than 10.5 million vulnerable, deprived and excluded children, families and communities, regardless of race, creed, gender or national origin. In Indonesia ChildFund has been operating for 34 years since 1973, in areas where the need is the greatest and currently reaches out to 900,000 children and family members in partnership with 50 local NGOs spread across 8 provinces.
ChildFund Indonesia is currently seeking:
Position: HR and Administration Manager
Reporting to: Country Director
Based in: Jakarta
Duration: One-year contract with possibility extension based on performance and project duration.
- Provide strategic oversight of the Human resources function to meet organizational requirements, in alignment with Childfund international HR priorities , values , policies and principles from recruitment, induction through to exit.
- Ensure occupational health and safety procedures are in place and tracked
- Develop annual operational plan for Human Resources and Administration functions following the country and global strategy/balance scorecard and in alignment with regional priorities and Country Results Framework requirements . Together with other SMT members, developing country annual operating plan and annual budget aligning to regional and global strategy/balance score card.
- Leads the implementation of the Child Safeguarding Policy as it relates to staff, organizational systems and procedures.
- A key player in country transformation process including the organizational design (structure, roles and responsibities) and related change management processes to aligning to the Asia transformation, new program strategy and country result framework.
- Serve as advisor to the Country Director and SMT on HR issues including updated laws and regulations governing INGOs in the areas of HR, and administrative matters and take initiatives to ensure country ofice compliance.
- Contributing to the grant development in the area of human resources, such as advising on most relevant structure, roles and responsibilities and relevant compensation following global compensation procedure and guidance.
Recruitment and Talent Management
- Key contributor to the workforce development strategy.
- Responsible for oversight and leadership in national office recruitment. In consultation with the Country Director, confirm appointments and ensure optimal candidate selection.
- Leading the performance plan and evaluation process, ensuring that the agreed goals of country staff are aligned to the annual operating plan/balance score card.
- Provide leadership and direction for the implementation of compensation programs and policies; provide oversight for analysis and recommendations for benefits and compensation related budget initiatives; ensures staff termination and severance administration/calculations are within policy and legal requirements.
- Build the capacity of country office, local partners and HR and Administration teams by ensuring staff is receiving the necessary competence through training and capacity building initiatives, individually or in groups.
- Develops, implements, and monitors overall ChildFund’s local staff training and development programs in conjunction with department managers aligning to organizational competencies, overal learning & development plan of staff.
HR Administration and Compliance
- Responsible for the adaptation and implementation of organizational policies, procedures, and systems for the management of human resources and administration (procurement, transportation, security, HR) for country office.
- Ensures compliance with all legal employment obligations in line with existing local labor and other related laws; ensure that Code of Conduct, child protection, whistle blower and conflict of interest policies are updated, communicated to and observed by all staff.
- Leadership and oversight for employee relations programs; ensure compliance with employee grievance, disciplinary and performance management programs and policies.
- Custodian of all organizational policies and procedures.
- Monitors and reviews staff payroll and ensures that computation of salaries/wages is based on accurate and updated data.
Administration, Information management , Procurement, Occupational safety & Security
- Oversees and carries out the necessary activities related to the overall efficient and management of the office
- Ensure effective administration processes and procedures are in place to ensure efficiency and accountabilities in HR and Admin business processes.
- Ensure effective information management processes are in place including archiving
- Ensure global IT policies for country offices are implemented, appropriate technology adopted, guarantee effective security systems and networking requirements, and ensure effective implementation of disaster recovery plans.
- Functional leadership for the development of security policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures for national and area/field offices. Serves as secondary to the National Director as focal person on all security and emergency issues in-country.
- Responsible for management of organizational equipment (vehicles, office machines, etc.) and facilities, to include maintenance oversight/coordination, insurance negotiation and management and budget development.
- Oversees and carries out the necessary activities related to the overall efficient management of the office by ensuring efficient management of the office, official residences and assets of ChildFund, as well as those of the local partners, as necessary.
- Supervises local human resources and administrative staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated prior HR experience in a management / leadership role.
- Prior experience in managing organization change.
- Experience in implementing end-to-end talent management.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose human resource operational issues, and determine and appy strategic solution.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation of workshop/training program
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English;
- Excellent understanding of office administration practices and contract negotiation.
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proven managerial skills and ability to work and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with employees at all levels.
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at the same time, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking skills, sound reasoning based on standard human resources principles and practices.
- Strong confidentiality ethic, demonstrate flexibility, and versatility in adjusting to changing environments and requirements as necessary.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
Bachelor’s or higher-level degree required. Equivalent work experience maybe acceptable in lieu of degree.
This position is opened for Indonesian national only.
ChildFund requires electronic lodgment of applications.
To apply, please click on the following link: CLICK HERE (and look for career opportunities/International Operations/HR and Administration Manager – Jakarta-Indonesia)