will work closely with the Gender Secretariat within the Ministry of
Public Works and Housing to support the development of key documents”
Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur – KIAT) in Jakarta to play an
integral role in supporting the overall objectives of the GESI CSE Unit
and KIAT Facility. The role is a senior level GESI CSE Strategic Adviser
for the Ministry of Public Works and Housing (MPWH).
The Strategic Adviser will work closely with the Gender Secretariat and
proposed mentor group to support them to develop key documents and
approaches to support effective gender mainstreaming; support them to
finalize their implementation plan and allocate resources; and, develop
effective monitoring and evaluation processes. The Strategic Adviser
will also work at the direction of the Gender Secretariat and have
responsibility for supporting the successful implementation of the KIAT
GESI and CSE Reference Group. This reference group will assist the KIAT
GESI and CSE team and KIAT Management Group by preparing and reviewing
detailed GESI and CSE reports and quality assuring project options and
opportunities in preparation for the bi-annual KIAT Management Committee
meeting and Annual Workshop to inform decision making and budget
the Gender Secretariat and proposed mentor group, develop activities to
improve: 1) the capacity of internal stakeholders of MPWH, 2) the
capacity of external stakeholders of MPWH, 3) implementation of the
gender impact assessment tool in infrastructure, and 4) develop
guidelines for gender mainstreaming in MPWH.
- Manage and
administer the reference group of KIAT GESI CSE. This group will conduct
regular meetings (4 times a year) to update and lead emerging issues of
GESI CSE in relevant sectors.
- Review GESI & CSE documents developed by the Gender Secretariat or other relevant units with GESI CSE.
the available approaches on the collection of quantitative sex- and
disability-disaggregated data (and data from other vulnerable groups)
and identify gaps in data collection as well as strategies for improved
data collection and its use to inform policy and implementation.
collaboratively with the GESI and CSE team and other KIAT advisers and
staff and contribute to team events, including the Annual Workshop and
other activities as requested (up to 20% of time).
- Support ongoing positive relationships between the GESI and CSE team and GoI representatives and relevant stakeholders.
- Other activities related to GESI-CSE in the infrastructure sector.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: CLICK HERE
combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence.
Bachelor/Master’s degree in a relevant subject such as sociology,
social anthropology, economics, international development, etc.
- Fluent Bahasa Indonesia ability is necessary to be successful in this position.
- High level report writing skills.
- At least 8 years professional working experience in a similar role.
- Experience working with donor funded programs.
- Fluent in English language in writing and speaking.
- Scrupulous in maintaining high standards of probity expected by the KIAT Facility.
- Self-motivated, innovative, creative and a lateral thinking ability.
- Willing to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to assist and support the team members.
- Availability for an immediate start (desirable).
This position is classified under DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration
Framework (ARF) as Discipline B, Level 3 and will be offered at a level
commensurate to the successful candidates’ experience relevant to the
role. To access the ARF rates, please copy and paste the following link: CLICK HERE
Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in IDR, and
will be subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax
Why join the KIAT?
Australia untuk Infrastruktur – KIAT) offers meaningful opportunities
for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave
a legacy for local communities, globally.
collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access
development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to
take a global outlook.
- A cover letter that addresses the above selection criteria, not to exceed 4 pages.
- CV includes three names of referees
- The selection process will include a written test in Bahasa Indonesia
*Applicants will be assessed on CV and supporting materials. Interviews may be conducted, but not required
enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which
we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more
than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering
sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require
criminal record clearance.