(ASB) is one of Germany‘s oldest and largest social welfare
organisations. ASB has over 200 offices in Germany and a membership of
1.1 million. Core activities include the provision of public medical and
rescue services alongside an extensive range of social service
provision. Overseas, ASB‘s Foreign Aid Department operates mainly in the
fields of humanitarian relief, return and reintegration, development
and disaster risk reduction (DRR).
Philippines aims to build resilience through inclusive and risk aware
development. ASB has been working in Indonesia, in partnership with the
Indonesian Ministry of Home Affairs, since 2006. In Indonesia ASB works
directly with partners and communities, and in support of government, to
empower and build resilience through an inclusive, all-of-society
approach. A key component of the work that ASB does across the region is
implementing and promoting inclusive risk aware practice. ASB is also a
founding member of the Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction
recruitment process, ASB is currently seeking expressions of interest
from qualified and committed individuals for the following position:
Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR) and 2030 Agenda place risk management
central to resilience. Risk prevention and reduction are increasingly
recognised as central to development alongside an ongoing emphasis on
preparedness for response in the SFDRR. At the same time, a broadened
understanding of risk management, under the umbrella of resilience, is
proving challenging to governments. The challenges lie in integrating
key development components, such as income generation for the poor,
alongside improved preparedness initiatives.
‘Strengthening of DRR capacities and resilience of coastal communities
in West Sumatera, therefore, seeks to link socio-economic development
activities and risk management to reduce underlying risk factors in two
districts in West Sumatera, Pesisir Selatan and the Mentawai Islands.
The project key components include capacity building for community
through institutionalised and practical integration of preparedness and
livelihood development measurements. The inclusion of most at-risk
groups, i.e. women, older people and persons with disability in the
project implementation will serve as social cohesion contributor to
strengthen community resilience. The project will also seek to support
governance capacities in the two working areas.
synergies with government planning and programming where possible and
promote greater emphasis on risk management and inclusion of highly at
risks in line with the National Resilient Village Programme priorities.
primarily to assist in coordination and delivery of field activities
aimed at building community resilience within a combined DRR and
livelihoods resilience framework. The position is also to assist in the
documentation of good practices developed. Duties will include local
stakeholder coordination, community engagement and capacity
building/trainings delivery. The Project Officer reports to the Project
Manager and is expected to coordinate closely with other team members
including Stakeholder Engagement Specialist, Trainer, Field Facilitator,
and other Project Officer.
To work closely
with Stakeholder Engagement Specialist and other Project Officer,
Trainers and Field Facilitators in planning and preparing meetings,
workshops and trainings, for community-based liveihood resilience
activities in particular.
- In close
coordination with the team members to ensure that relevant material,
documents and equipment are prepared in advance of project field
activities including meetings, workshops and trainings.
- To coordinate with
key stakeholders and partners, especially local governments at district
and sub-district levels, village governments, community, Disabled
People’s Organizations (DPOs) and external trainers.
- To lead the development of community planning and regulation related to DRR and livelihoods resilience.
- To lead the establishment of community organization and mobilization related to DRR and livelihoods resilience.
- To work closely
with Trainers and other Project Officers prepare and deliver
high-quality trainings and related capacity-building activities.
- To deliver field activities as agreed under the agreement between ASB, donor, and government.
- To actively
communicate with Project Manager and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist
problems and possible solution identified in all project activities.
- To support Project
Manager and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist to ensure planning and
compliance regarding activities, outputs (with due regard to outcomes)
and financial compliance.
- Representation of
ASB to local project partners, government and to other concerned
parties including informal and formal coordination meetings,
conferences, capacity building activity and similar.
- To ensure active
participation of key stakeholders in all project activities with
particular regard to participation and inclusion of potentially at-risk
groups according to gender, age, disability and socio-economic standing.
Also, pay due regard to individuals who may be impacted as indirect
beneficiaries of project activities.
- To actively
conduct monitoring and evaluation for project activities including
identification of problems and possible solution; preliminary
assessments of people with disability and other at risk groups and
ensure their inclusion.
- To work closely
with Stakeholder Engagement Specialist maintain full quality of all
field, or related, activities documentation for ASB, donor, and partner
including government reference.
- To work closely
with Stakeholder Engagement Specialist ensure all project documentation
is gender, age and disability aware and that all documentation is
suitably disaggregated by gender, age and disability.
- To support ASB humanitarian operations including emergency response as necessary.
- To comply with
ASB security and safety guidelines and code of conduct and actively
contribute to a safe, secure and healthy working environment for all
team members, partners and beneficiaries.
- Any other duties as advised by Project Manager and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist that are in relation to the project.
- The delivery of the above to ensure the quality of programming and to support the successful implementation of projects.
- Relevant and practical community DRR and livelihood resilience plan, and regulation developed.
- Operational community organization related to DRR and livelihood resilience established.
- Completed log and records of field activities including meetings, trainings and workshops.
- Monthly summary reports of activities, issues and recommendations submitted to the Project Manager.
- Regular spoken updates to Project Manager and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist.
reporting of issues and risks and possible solution identified to
Project Manager and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist.
- Monthly work log.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in livelihood resilience and community development.
- Experience of working in livelihood resilience and/or business continuity management is required.
and technical skills on ecotourism and/or community-based livelihood and
disaster risk reduction are required.
- Experience in business development plan and monitoring
- Experience in engagement with and ensuring participation of community and community-based organizations.
- Experience in delivering and organizing workshops, meetings or trainings at community and sub-national level.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project locations and flexibility to stay in project sites in certain period.
- Good communication and coordination skills.
- Skills and knowledge of capacity building is required.
- Knowledge of national, local risk management policy and planning an advantage.
- Knowledge of gender, disability and inclusion an advantage.
- Good reporting skill is an advantage.
- High level of analytical skills.
- Computer literate (minimum MS Office).
- Able to multi-task and work to achieve deadlines.
- Able to work under own initiative as well as within a team in a multicultural environment.
- Application letter outlining your interest
- Curriculum vitae max: 2 pages clearly describing your relevant qualifications and experience
- Contacts of 3 professional referees.