The post-doc will be working on this project together with a team of
researchers from KITLV, Andalas University and Wageningen University.
- Coordinating research activities with academic and NGO partners.
- Training and supervising the projects local researchers working in four Indonesian provinces
- Conducting fieldwork documenting palm oil conflicts in Indonesia
- Organising workshops as well as the programme’s final conference on palm oil conflicts in Jakarta.
- Writing policy briefs and disseminating research findings to a wide range of stakeholders
- Contributing to writing the academic output of the programme.
Has research experience in the field of social sciences, on and in Southeast Asia, preferably on topics related to palm oil expansion, land use change and access to justice
- Has completed a PhD thesis
- Speaks excellent Bahasa Indonesia
- Has a good publication record publishing in international peer-reviewed journals commensurate with career stage
- Is willing to spend considerable time doing and supervising research in Indonesia
- Has excellent communication skills
- Preferably has affinity with both qualitative and quantitative research methods
Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten). The
function is validated in the University Function Ordening system (UFO)
under the profile “Onderzoeker (researcher)”. The salary will be set,
depending on education and work experience, between € 2,709 and 3,514
per month, based on fulltime (38 hours) employment (salary scale: 10).
KNAW offers a three-year employment starting in spring 2019 and an
attractive benefits package.
published article or a comparable text), a CV, and two letters of
recommendation and should be sent before January 31, 2019 to Yayah Siegers (email@example.com).
You may contact dr. Ward Berenschot (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.