IDLO VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant
Category: Consultant – Single Engagement Agreement (SEA)
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law
IDLO IN INDONESIA
A lower middle-income country since 2008, Indonesia has boosted living standards and increasingly more people have access to basic services. Yet, considerable challenges remain as Indonesia seeks to reduce poverty, eradicate corruption, ensure equal access to justice and protect human rights. Conflicting laws and regulations on both the national and local level and a lack of capacity of, and coordination among, government institutions hinder Indonesia from realizing its full potential, while enhancing sustainable and inclusive growth.
Indonesia and the Netherlands have a long-shared history of cooperation in the field of rule of law. The common heritage of legal systems creates an opportunity for partnerships between Indonesian and Dutch justice sector institutions. IDLO is working with the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Jakarta to administer the Indonesia-Netherlands Rule of Law Fund. This program aims to support the development of effective, accountable and inclusive justice sector institutions, and ensure equal access to justice in Indonesia.
Under the supervision of the Field Program Manager-Indonesia Rule of Law Program, and in close consultation with IDLO’s M&E Unit in the Hague, the M&E Consultant will work on specific deliverables and will perform the following duties:
- Support in designing/revising the Program M&E Framework including: Theory of Change, logical model, logical framework, key performance indicators, M&E matrix, risk-management plan, and data collection tools;
- Ensure data quality through clear data collection and entry procedures, division of roles and responsibilities and periodic reviews for consolidation and reporting purposes;
- Train the M&E and Program staff on the Program’s M&E Framework;
- Train the Implementing Partners (IPs) of Rule of Fund Program on how to develop M&E Framework and implement monitoring and evaluation according to IDLO’s Guidelines
- Carry out any other duty within the overall function and level of responsibility of the post.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Experience
- Graduate degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, or related studies is required.
- A post graduate degree in a related field is highly desirable.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation with an emphasis on project monitoring in an international organization, national development aid organization, or recognized NGO implementing large development cooperation programs
- At least 5 years of experience in the justice and security sector’s monitoring and evaluation.
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written.
Specific knowledge, skills and behavioral competencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of M&E frameworks, data analysis and synthesis, and report writing;
- Excellent knowledge of M&E standards (the OECD DAC framework), development of M&E frameworks, Theory of Change, and logic models;
- Solid understanding of logic model, key performance indicators, and tracking of the indicators;
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct baseline studies and needs assessments, including hands-on experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection methods.
- Demonstrated capacity to use project M&E to advance program results and provide data for decision-making;
- Demonstrated competency in advanced statistical software such as SPSS, and managing large and complex data-sets;
- Understanding of gender-related issues and inclusive participation into M&E initiatives and organizational frameworks;
- Ability to respond timely to queries and provide feedback; ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Self-motivated and dynamic, willing and able to take initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives; and
- Impeccable integrity, sense of ethics and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this consultancy services, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate with a ‘Framework Single Engagement Agreement’ until end of June 2019.
IDLO shall offer an all-inclusive, lump-sum daily fees commensurate with qualification and experience.
The M & E Consultant will be paid upon satisfactory completion of agreed deliverables.
The M&E Advisor will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia with expected travels in the region and may be required to travel to other locations, as determined by the Supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline is February 15, 2019 (23:59hrs Rome time)
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.