Key Purpose of the Job
The Accounting Officer will report directly to Finance Coordinator and to Head of Finance.
- General accounting tasks, including reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and general ledger operations, preparing journal entries, preparing monthly closing and financial reports, preparing account/bank reconciliations;
- Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks;
- Oversee the validation of transactions and verification of their overall impact on the general accounts;
- Lay down and validate the accounting systems and tools;
- Review financial paperwork and procedures, provide recommendations and make necessary changes;
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payment’s vouchers;
- Prepare payments, bank transfers and do the bank transactions;
- Produce periodic financial reports and other financial documents for ZSL Indonesia Programme in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures;
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation,
- Prepare invoice to the projects for services and cost share;
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls procedure.
- Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely;
- Settle amounts due, or recover outstanding receivables;
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues;
- Assist in designing, implementing, and maintaining audit-compliant internal financial controls as well as prepare and coordinate financial audit;
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups in regular basis.
- Ensure timely and effective follow up to audit observations and recommendations;
- Calculates income taxes for staff, consultants and organization.
- Perform any other duties as requested by line manager.
The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email.
The position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
This post is office based in ZSL’s office in Bogor, West Java.
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated high level attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills and good command in both written and spoken Bahasa Indonesian and English.
- Familiarity with donor funded development project and contracting.
- Knowledge of Accounting, Finance & Indonesian Tax regulations
- Knowledge of Quick-books/Sun-Systems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software a plus
- Knowledge of Indonesia Accounting Standard (SAK)
Skills & Abilities
- Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team.
- Good communications skills – able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner.
- Self-starter, pro-active and uses initiative – can work independently and priorities own work load.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs.
- Highly motivated, strong integrity, honest, trustworthy and sound work ethics.
- Good in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English.
- Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks and target oriented.
- Ability to work in quickly and efficiently in protection sensitive environments