Join us and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO,
dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome
poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in
1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. We are committed
to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose
background is not suitable for working with children. All employment
types (full time, freelance, consultancy…etc) is conditioned upon the
successful completion of all applicable background checks, including
criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Administrative Assistant
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide a wide range of administrative support services to the
Support Services department including translation services. To maintain
efficient administration systems and procedures, with particular
emphasis on filing and tracking of documentation.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support
- Develop, set up, and document office secretarial systems related to:
filing of documents, records management, communications (telephone,
fax, and correspondence), supplies management, and basic office services
- Receive, screen, and process mail, fax, and other incoming and
outgoing communications; ensuring that confidential matters are handled
- Assist the line manager in preparing documentation, orders, letters, etc.
- Provide support to the relevant stakeholders in all kinds of
administrative tasks, including follow up and organizing of different
meetings and maintaining the agenda with relevant reminders in close
collaboration with the line manager
- Provide support and facilitate the team building activities as requested in close collaboration with the line manager
- Provide verbal and written translation services to clients as needed.
- Ensure all documentation is appropriately filed according to WV standards.
- Ensure that stationery are ordered on a timely basis and are available at all times.
- Ensure that office supplies are ordered and available always.
- Ensure that diskettes, printer cartridges, fax rolls/cartridges and
photocopier toners are available always in cooperation with the IT
- Supervise domestic cleaner.
- Follow up and settle all utilities, landlines and internet invoices for office and apartments.
- Hotel bookings and ticketing, requirements.
- Visa application and follow up with different Ministries.
- Ensure WV team houses are kept clean and ready to receive visitors.
- Follow up on maintenance requirement for office and team houses/apartments.
- Keep up to date visitor tracking sheet and staff travel tracking sheet.
- Have a driving license, and able to drive within Amman.
- Perform any other relevant duties as required by the Line Manager.
Certificate in Secretarial studies or Administration.
At least 2 years office experience and experience in administration and secretarial support services preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database management, and spreadsheet software.
- Good organizational skills; ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written is essential.
- Ability to deal with matters of strict confidentiality
- Achieving quality results and service
- Practicing accountability and integrity
- Communicating information effectively
- Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
- Understanding the Humanitarian industry
Understanding WV’s mission & operations
- Practicing continuous innovation & creativity
- Learning for growth and development
- Maintaining work/life balance
- Building collaborative relationships
- Practicing gender & cultural diversity
- Influencing individuals & groups
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via Akhtaboot or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 06 September 2016
Please write “Administrative Assistant – WV Jordan” in the E-mail subject line.
Successful candidates only will be notified for the interview