Barefoot Conservation is a new and exciting, not-for-profit organisation that takes a fresh look at marine conversation and community awareness. All of the Barefoot staff share the same passion for making a real difference at a grass root level on all our projects.
Our focus is grass roots conservation and community action. Our aim is to engage, educate and empower the local community to make sustainable conservation a way of life, not just a project.
We are currently looking for “Project Manager/Expedition Leader” for our Raja Ampat, West Papua/Indonesia marine conservation project through out 2016/17. ***One Project Managers position is available IMMEDIATELY***
This is a great opportunity to join an enthusiastic, energetic team and make a real difference in the worlds most bio-diverse marine region, and one of the truly last diving frontiers.
Responsible for the successful running of the expedition/project including the management of all staff & volunteers, project logistics, administration and accounts. To ensure the smooth running of day to day operations,including the science, community and scuba programmes. Progress the community projects, making sure Barefoot conservations overall project goals move forward and remain on course.
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION
- Responsible for the overall project management, making sure the project remains on track and moving forward to achieve its goals.
- Administration and control of project budget, ensuring that expenditure does not exceed allocated funds.
- To ensure the health & safety of all volunteers & expedition/local staff involved in the project.
- Overall organisation & supervision of expedition staff & activities, including the scheduling of science, community & scuba programmes.
- To manage local Barefoot Conservation employees, boat driver, cook etc.. as appropriate including payment of wages and resolving any disputes/issues that may arise.
- Manage & support volunteers, expedition/local staff ensuring all remain happy, motivated and focused on the expedition goals.
If you want to be a part of a new and exciting Marine Conservation & Community awareness NGO, and make a real difference, then please send your CV/resume, cover letter and recent photo to:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30/12/2018