Intermon Oxfam is looking to fill the position of Field Manager based in Liben (Dolo Ado) and for Intermón Oxfam emergency response (wash and food security) in southeastern Ethiopia to face the famine/humanitarian catastrophe due to the drought and food situation.Reporting to the Emergency Manager, the person selected will be the reference and the representative of the Organisation in the field, co-ordinating the activities of the project and managing all the resources in order to guarantee that the objectives are met in line with the policies and strategies of Intermón Oxfam (IO).
- Along with the project team and supported by the Head of Programmes, to plan the intervention strategies, the specific actions, the priorities and possible changes.
- To ensure the correct evolution of the activities of the project (through co-ordination, supervision and pursuance).
- To co-ordinate the production of a report for IO (Sitreps and project reports), from the counterparts and for the donors.
- To ensure suitable management of resources.
- Financial and material resources: correct stock management, revision/monitoring, monthly cash closes, security money control.
- Analysis of the context and security
- Responsible for the correct understanding of the context of the intervention, to participate in assuring the pertinence of the actions, the identification of the emerging needs and the control of the security risks taken by the IO team.
- To monitor the security situation, evaluating changes in the indicators of threats and vulnerability and their implication in managing security.
- To ensure compliance with the security rules and to collaborate in their definition.
- To ensure the security briefing of all of the new members of the team and any possible visitors.
Human Resource Management
- To ensure communication between the project team and the co-ordination team in capital.
- To organise team meetings and ensure internal functional dynamics that allow the flow of information and discussion.
- To produce / update the descriptions of the post and ensure the operational and security briefings for all new members.
- To carry out the evaluation for people hierarchically dependent on them.
- To ensure the legal and administrative status of the national staff Representation and communication
- To represent the IO before the population, the local authorities (civil and military), international bodies and NGOs.
Experience and Skills
- At least 4 years experience in the field of humanitarian missions with at least 2 years in similar positions.
- Experience in volatile contexts managing security.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Ability to act as a part of a multi-cultural and multidisciplinary team
- Ability to represent the Organisation and negotiate in its name.
- Adaptability to changing contexts.
- Good knowledge of English language, both written and spoken
Contract of employment until 30/04/2012 Salary: According to Intermón Oxfam#s country salary scale. Social benefits: Medical, life and accident insurance and children# benefit. Working place: Liben (Dolo Ado) Incorporation: as soon as possible