Society Family for Health (SFH) is a non-profit organization in Rwanda that is positioned to be the largest social marketing organization in Rwanda, with five regional offices across the country. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, SFH will be providing life-saving products, clinical services and social and behavior change communications(SBCC) that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. SFH’s core values include a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the national and district level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. SFH will be implementing diverse public health interventions in HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, malaria, and maternal and child health including nutrition. SFH’s activities will range from product sales and distribution to social and behavior change communication, advocacy, reproductive health research, and community mobilization. SFH’s donor platform is anticipated to include the Global Fund for HIV/AIDS, Malaria and TB, USAID, CDC and numerous other donors.
SFH seeks entrepreneurial, dynamic candidates with significant technical expertise in social marketing and total market development for the position of Executive Director (ED). The ED serves as SFH Chief Executive Officer (CEO), responsible for leading the strategic development, management (financial, administrative, and programmatic), and representation of SFH’s activities in Rwanda. The ED will ensure the diffusion and adoption of global best practices in social marketing, financial responsibility, and programmatic management for SFH Rwanda. The ED directly supervises the senior staff of the SFH. This position will be based in Kigali, and reports to the SFH board of directors. S/He shall also be responsible for leading and supervising the departmental teams in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
The Executive Director will be responsible for the overall development, management (financial, administrative, and programmatic), and representation of SFH’s activities in Rwanda. This includes, but is not limited to:
1. Ensure the successful take off of SFH operations as a new national NGO by ensuring that qualified staff, operating systems, policies and manuals are in place;
2. Lead the development of the 5 year strategic plan for SFH;
3. Oversee the development, management and implementation of health programs;
4. Fundraising through proposal writing;
5. Budget tracking and Program Monitoring;
6. Achieve annual health program objectives (health impact);
7. Financial and technical reporting as required by donors and partners;
8. Development and enforcement of field office administrative policies;
9. Overall institutional development;
10. Oversee the development and management of a local capacity building strategy for local Rwandese partner organizations and government counterparts to implement effective, evidence-based prevention interventions, particularly in the area of Social Marketing, SBCC programming and research;
11. Collaborate closely with international partners to ensure programs are designed and managed based on documented evidence;
12. Serve as the primary liaison with all Donors in close coordination with the SFH Board of Directors and other relevant staff;
13. Oversee the development of effective distribution strategies for the relevant health products and services;
14. Enforce departmental compliance with GOR, Donor, SFH policies and procedures (compliance);
15. Comply with all SFH policies and procedures.
• Relevant post-graduate degree (MBA, MIA, MPH, etc.) or equivalent experience in related field. Advanced education and professional qualifications will be an added advantage;
• At least ten years of experience in programmatic and financial management of large donor funded marketing and communication programs five of which must be at senior management level.
• In-depth knowledge of international development and HIV, family planning and maternal child health issues
• Building capacity of staff in a commercial or not for profit entity in a developing country
• Creativity and entrepreneurial outlook
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated success in health programs through a social/commercial marketing and SBCC program in two or more developing countries with preference for experience in Rwanda and/or other African countries;
• Demonstrated management and supervisory capability in leading large and complex field-based projects;
• Experience interacting with Government, Government agencies, counterparts and international donor agencies;
• Demonstrated success in management and budgetary experience;
• Experience with PEPFAR and Global Fund will be an advantage.
• Fluency in Kiyanrwanda (the Rwandan national language), English and French.
The successful candidate will also have excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and cross-cultural skills; demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks on short notice within designated deadlines; able to maintain efficiency in a fast-paced work environment. S/he will be outcome oriented, able to manage multiple priorities at a time, and able to keep their departments moving with minimal day-to-day supervision from his / her supervisor. This highly professional individual will be comfortable speaking and working in public settings.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in monitoring, reporting and/or evaluating large donor funded public health or social marketing programs; knowledge of USAID, CDC, Global Fund and other international donor community; and a proven record of excellent management and interpersonal skills.
Documents to be sent in a sealed envelope or by email:
• Application letter;
• Curriculum Vitae;
• Certified copies of degrees/diplomas;
• Copies of Certificates of Professional Trainings;
• Three referees
• Full-time position, based in Kigali, Rwanda.
How to apply:
All interested applicants should submit the above documents by email to email@example.com
SFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, gender or disability.