ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
works to improve the most important energy and land use policies around
the world, with a particular focus on finance. We answer pressing
questions posed by decision makers through in-depth analysis on what
works and what does not. We work in places that provide the most
potential for policy impact, including Brazil, China, Europe, India,
Indonesia, and the United States. We typically partner with research and
policy institutions in each of these locations to enhance our efforts
through local resources and expertise.
entrepreneurial culture. We work hard to maintain an idea-driven,
collaborative environment across all our teams. The Indonesia program is
CPI’s newest program, and is growing fast. Our primary focus is on
supporting government-led efforts to develop policies and incentives
that improve the use and management of Indonesia’s valuable land and
natural resources, and lay a strong foundation for achieving economic
growth goals and environmental targets.
thinking, collaboration and pragmatic problem solving. CPI is looking
for two talented, highly skilled, and motivated analysts to join its
European program. Analysts will support the delivery of CPI’s
international climate finance program, with a focus on international
climate finance, looking at issues such as the governance of
international funds, the evaluation of their allocation and
effectiveness, and the role of carbon markets in the wider climate
candidates will undertake robust and careful analysis, drawing on
methodologies from micro and macroeconomics, public policy, regulatory
economics, finance, behavioral science, risk management, statistics,
law, engineering, and other academic and commercial disciplines.
cooperation with a range of international partners from the policy,
finance and corporate spheres, as well as with CPI teams throughout the
world. Previous work experience with climate policy, carbon markets,
finance, and regulation as well as knowledge and understanding of
national regulatory institutions and/or multilateral or bilateral
financial institutions and national or regional development banks would
be valuable assets.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform rigorous quantitative evaluation of national and
international climate finance mechanisms and climate and energy
- Under the direction of the Europe Senior Director design, manage,
and implement complex research assignments and analytical projects.
- Engage clients throughout the research process and advise policymakers on the implications of research findings.
- Assist in the writing and editing of high-quality CPI products,
including full reports, executive summaries, blogs and presentations.
- Communicate and collaborate with CPI staff working in other countries.
- Produce high-quality materials on short deadlines.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Public Policy, or a related, quantitatively rigorous field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing climate finance, economics of
policy choices, and/or energy and climate markets, government or
multi-lateral experience valuable.
- Understanding of current climate and energy policies under
discussion in relevant countries, with a specific focus on the
interaction with finance.
- Experience in macroeconomic modeling of energy and climate markets.
- An insightful, independent, analytical mind with a strong track
record of applying sound political and strategic judgment in complex
- Outstanding English writing and verbal communication skills.
Comfort with and ability to communicate complex qualitative and
quantitative analyses to expert as well as non-technical audiences.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Professionalism, enthusiasm for working as part of a team, ability
to interact with a diverse array of people, and a sense of humor.
- A deep commitment to the mission and values of CPI.
two years with the possibility for extension. The position will be
located in Venice, Italy. CPI offers a competitive salary that is
commensurate with experience.