The campaigner will serve as the Greenpeace representative on Climate and Renewable Energy issues in Southeast Asia based in Jakarta, Indonesia and work towards the goals of Greenpeace Southeast Asia’s campaigns within the framework of Greenpeace’s overall objectives. In certain situations as determined by external events and upon the recommendation of the Country
Director and/or with the SMT, the campaigner will be expected to move between issues and campaigns as needed.
It is expected that at least 75 % of the campaigner’s time will be spent in the Indonesia working on energy issues in that country and based out of the Jakarta, Indonesia office, as well as work in other regional countries as required.
- Bachelor’s degree / Master Degree is preferred
- Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science degree preferred or an equivalent degree or equivalent experience working on environmental/climate issues
- Experience working on environmental/climate issues
- Demonstrated experience in an environmental/activist organization (work on climate and energy issues is preferred).
- Preferred skills include experience in key program areas: public speaking, activist training, strategic planning and organizing people around an issue.
- Proven experience in directing a project from conception to completion.
Interested candidates are invited to write Letter of Introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for Greenpeace. Please attach this to a completed application form
and email to:
Deadline for Applications: 1 January 2015
As we receive a large number of applicants for our advertised vacancies, we are unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted and we apologize for this in advance. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
GUIDANCE IN COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION FORM*
- Read the recruitment pack carefully before completing your application form. The recruitment pack contains information about Greenpeace, about the job you are applying for, and brief information on employment conditions.
- Complete all items in the application form. Remember that this will be our basis for shortlisting candidates. Curriculum Vitae (CVs) will not be accepted.
- Make sure you email the form to the correct email address (email@example.com), addressed to the HR Department, and ensure that your application form arrives before the closing date. Application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- If you have questions, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your application letter and completed application form.
Jobs Application Desk
Greenpeace Southeast Asia – Indonesia