INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
INTERSOS, in the framework of its activities in Yemen, is currently selecting candidates for the following position.
STARTING DATE: January 2017
DUTY STATION: Sana’a, Yemen
DURATION: 1 year, renewable
ROLE, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Officer is responsible for the proper technical performance of all accounting-financial activities of the mission and its projects. In this context, he/she ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization procedures and th Regional Finance Officer’s guidelines.
Specifically he/she is responsible to;
- To ensure compliance with INTERSOS and donors procedures;
- To manage country and project accounting and coordinate administrative personnel;
- To assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported, bearing the joint signature of both, the Country Finance Officer and the Head of Mission;
- To update the economic and financial status of the mission and related-projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity (Prima Nota);
- To update monthly the Global Management of the mission under the coordination of the Regional Finance Officer;
- To provide support to the Head of Mission on the drafting of new projects.
- To check Bank accounts of the mission of the mission and provide the Regional Finance Officer with monthly Bank Statements and Bank reconciliations;
- To check the interim and final financial reports and submit them to the Project Manager and Head of Mission for approval (with the support of the Regional Administrator);
- To assume responsibility for local personnel register;
- To ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and conformity to INTERSOS and donors procedures.
- To be responsible for mission administrative-accounting documents and all finished project Documentation (with the support and overall responsibility of the Regional Administrator).
- To set up, organize and manage the administrative files pertaining the mission and in loco projects, based on criteria defined by the Protocols and any indications from the Regional Finance Officer;
- To check that warehouse bookkeeping and related documents are d stored and filed;
- To update inventory records pertaining INTERSOS and third-parties assets and verify the completeness of the supporting documentation;
- To provide the Regional Finance Officer with official documentation on individual projects and contracts;
- To update the list of reliable suppliers, as indicated by the Head of Mission, for subsequent use in specific procedures;
- To manage the local personnel register, subdivided by project;
- To submit to the Regional Finance Officer and the Foreign Finance Director the accounting report and the supporting documentation.
- Advanced university degree in finance, business administration or other related field;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience at national and international level working as Country Finance Officer
- Strong understanding of budgeting and financial management
- Excellent English language skills required; knowledge of Arabic is a plus but not a must
- Excellent computer skills, especially Excel
- Strong representation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and very good interpersonal/communication skills
- Demonstrate experience with different donor compliance and reporting
- Ability to perform and assure high accuracy in work under stress
- Positive and solution oriented personality
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive resume, cover letter expressing interest in the position and references to: email@example.com with subject line: “Country Finance Officer_Yemen”
Closing Date: 30 September 2016
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview