Position: Information and Communication Officer
Duration: 2 (two) years
Supervisor: Media and Communication Manager
United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) is the biggest regional section of the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) in which its Secretariat is based in Jakarta, Indonesia. UCLG is a worldwide association of local governments and the officially recognized voice of local governments by the United Nations. UCLG ASPAC has linkages to more than 7,000 local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people-more than half of the world population-and incorporates economically fast developing countries such as China, India, and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitates programmes, network and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and the associations. Moreover, UCLG ASPAC represents local governments politically within the international community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies which safeguard equality, social and economic justice, and sustainable community development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development comprising poverty alleviation, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralization, local finance, gender equality, women leadership and empowerment as well as good governance.
The Information and Communication Officer (ICO) will be hired for 2 (two) years period with the possibility of extension, based on performance, and will be placed at UCLG ASPAC Secretariat Office in Jakarta. The ICO is responsible for supporting the Media & Communication Manager in implementing communications strategy and activities, maintain documentations and branding. He/she will report to the Media and Communication Manager.
Objective and goal:
- To support and maintain internal and external communications.
- To update, redesign, maintain the website and prepare the website’s development plan.
- To provide and collate the content of the website and any other matters related with the website.
- To assist in the development and implementation of short-and long-term communication strategies and actions.
- To provide assistance for the design and content of the publications.
- To assist in fund raising activities for expanding the media and publication activities.
- To be responsible in promoting UCLG ASPAC.
Scope of Work/Key Duties
Under this Scope of Work, the ICO will carry out the following key activities:
- Develop and maintain digital photo library
- Maintain, update and further develop UCLG ASPAC website
- Be responsible for the content and production of its video
- Be responsible for the implementation of brand manual
- Be a focal point of exhibition
- Be responsible in identifying potential sponsors and maintaining their database
- Be a focal point of digital catalog
- Be responsible for maintaining the documentation management system
- Take a lead in dissemination of communication materials
- Coordinate with UCLG World on communication matters
- Build and promote UCLG ASPAC across the organization and beyond
- Provide assistance in promoting and publicizing activities and actions
- Assist in reviewing and editing proposals and reports to Donor Agencies
- Assist in the development of programs and mechanisms targeted at informing and strengthening capacity in information management
- Provide timely reports and feedback on deliverables as required by UCLG ASPAC Communication Strategy and Branding Implementation
- Regularly disseminate relevant information to members and partners
- Ensure visibility of programs, projects, and activities in all uploaded/published documents
- Coordinate with the Media Officer to implement short- and long-term communication strategies and actions
- In coordination with the Media Officer, to producereport on progress of the communication work plan, including the coordination of the delivery of its outputs
- Provide assistance in planning and proceeding with fund raising activities
- Provide assistance for the procurement process of its publications
- Perform other duties as required from time-to-time as assigned by the Media and Communication Manager and/or Secretary General
Special Requirements of the Assignment
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, and/or related fields.
- Minimum 5 (five) years of professional experience in public relations and/or journalistic work and working in a similar position in Non-Profit Organizations and/or International Organizations.
- Experience in the area of web platform development/management is desirable
- Demonstrate experience working with local governments, multi-donor agencies, and/or development partner.
- Proficiency in designing and developing public relations/media tools.
- Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems, or products including creative contributions
- Ability to represent the Secretariat to public, local governments and other external sources
- Experience in working in an international environment, respecting different cultures and nationalities
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English(Indonesia is preferable)
- Highly developed communication skills, including ability to draft/edit texts and to articulate ideas in clear, concise style to a variety of audiences, as well as facilitation skills
- Show persistence and ability to identify strategic issues, opportunities and risks, and communication broad
- Intermediate to advanced MS office skills in all basic Microsoft word programs and publication software.
- Basic IT knowledge is preferable
- Possess skills in design-making (In Design, Photoshop, and web design skills)
- Have experience in producing video, sound knowledge on the technical terms, process and timeline of the process
- Honest, trustworthy and demonstrate sound work ethics
- Ability to quickly establish professional rapport with colleagues and other persons
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet the deadlines required
- Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn
- Media relations skills
- Considerable domestic and international travel may be required
- Producing publications and reports
- Branding promotional strategies and implementation
- An updated database of contact information of media outlets and potential sponsorship
- Updated and improved website
- High quality of its design and publications
- Branding manual
- Database of media and companies
- Frequent accessible website
- The post will be supervised by the Media and Communication Manager.
Please submitted your application with Code application : ICO – Your name to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 18th, 2016