YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
To ensure sound and transparent administration of funds by providing accounting and financial management consistent with Action Against Hunger’s financial management framework and local legislation.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Contribute to defining the mission strategy.
- Ensure high quality accounting for the mission.
- Ensure high quality cash management for the mission.
- Provide financial and budgetary management.
- Promote and ensure financial collaboration and coordination with mission partners.
- Prevent and manage fraud and corruption.
- Manage the Finance team.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
- You are a seasoned Finance professional
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, HR or related field
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience in finance with proven experience in team management, previous experience in living and working in insecure and volatile contexts
- You have strong accounting and budget management skills.
- You have exceptional organization and time management skills and are attentive to details.
- You have the ability to work in multi-donor short term contract situations and ability to effectively juggle priorities to meet the needs of the mission.
- Your work style builds confidence within your team
- You maintain Professionalism, honesty, reliability, autonomy & strong sense of responsibility.
- You are able to motivate and encourage others to deliver high standards of work.
- You have very good communication and training skills.
- You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms & are comfortable explaining & reinforcing policies & procedures to a team.
- You have a high degree of emotional intelligence demonstrating strong self-awareness and the ability to take responsibility for your actions.
- You monitor the impact that demanding activities and stressful working conditions may have on your team and actively work with other departments to ensure staff are appropriately supported.
- You are extremely capable sharing your technical knowledge, as well as the organization’s policies & procedures – both verbally & in writing.
- You have the ability to analyze, synthesize and report in a timely, comprehensive & well-written manner.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
Closing Date: 08 January 2017