Donor Relations Associate – Sydney, NSW
Be a part of an organization that has touched the lives of 40,000 children in Egypt over the past 25 years!
Are you a passionate and authentic person who really cares about the children of Egypt? Do you combine excellent customer service skills with a “can-do” attitude towards tackling new challenges, big and small? Are you looking to learn new skills so that you can make an even bigger difference in the world? If so, the position of Donor Relations Associate at Coptic Orphans may be right for you.
Our strong commitment to excellence in service-delivery means that we seek only the best people to carry out our mission.
Purpose of the Job
The Donor Relations Associate increases support for Coptic Orphans by systematically building relationships with current and prospective donors. S/he accomplishes this by communicating the mission and programs of Coptic Orphans in a passionate, engaging, and professional manner. Under the supervision of the Donor Relations Manager, s/he builds rapport with current and prospective donors through phone calls and emails, as well as face-to-face conversations and presentations in churches, schools, homes, and other one-on-one and group settings. S/he serves as an ambassador for Coptic Orphans and the children served, displaying a deep understanding of key supporters’ most important concerns and culture, such as service in the church.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate relationships with current and prospective donors to ensure a growing flow of donations by which Coptic Orphans can maintain and expand its programs.
- Reply to donor requests and inquiries promptly, courteously, and efficiently, thereby raising Coptic Orphans’ image as a professional development organization staffed by passionate and compassionate people.
- Deepen ties with donors by initiating new and creative ideas with a strong “customer service” perspective.
- Manage and promote the program of monthly donations, letters, gifts, and visits through which Coptic Orphans supporters develop personal relationships with the individual children they sponsor.
- Maintain and update database of donor records to a high degree of accuracy and effectiveness.
- Build relationships with a variety of stakeholders in the wider community.
- Perform other related tasks as necessary or appropriate.
Required Knowledge and Skill:
- BA and 3-5 years professional experience, with relevant experience preferred.
- Outstanding people skills: engaging, persuasive, polished and articulate.
- Energetic and enthusiastic about improving the lives of Egypt’s children.
- Eloquent in spoken and written English; Arabic speaking skills a must.
- Some fundraising or marketing experience.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; must be comfortable speaking face-to-face, on the phone, and before an audience.
- Superb organizational and follow-through skills; attention to detail, able to strategically implement processes and multi-task.
- Experience with database or contact management software such as Salesforce a plus.
- Fundraising or marketing experience a plus.
Extent of Public Contact:
The Donor Relations Associate is typically the first and primary point of contact for all donors. S/he speaks on behalf of Coptic Orphans with partners, stakeholders, and interested parties, including representatives of schools, churches, and non-governmental organizations, and therefore must fully understand the organization’s mission, work, and vision for the future.
Physical Demands (walking, lifting, carrying, etc.):
Typical office environment in addition to some domestic travel; limited to sitting, typing, using phone and office equipment, walking, driving, and occasional lifting of boxes and luggage during travel. Occasional international travel.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Must be available for travel throughout Australia, at times with little notice.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings, as necessary, to accommodate availability of key supporters.
Job email id: khadley(at)copticorphans.org
Closing Date: 07 January 2017