FAUNA & FLORA INTERNATIONAL
Founded in 1903, Fauna & Flora International (FFI) is the world’s longest-established international conservation organisation. Our vision is to create a sustainable future for the planet where biodiversity is conserved by the people living closest to it. We aim to do this through the conservation of threatened species and ecosystems worldwide, choosing solutions that are sustainable, based on sound science and take account of human needs. We operate primarily in developing countries where there is little capacity to conserve endangered and threatened habitats and species. We have become a trusted entity in the world of conservation. Today FFI is active in over 40 countries.
The FFI Asia-Pacific Programme is managed by a dispersed team located in the UK and the region and has country programme offices in Jakarta , Phnom Penh , Manila , Nanning , Hanoi and Yangoon. Working closely with local partners, the Asia-Pacific Programme currently includes a broad range of species and landscape targeted conservation initiatives in Cambodia , China , Indonesia , Laos , Myanmar , the Philippines and Vietnam . Over 30 projects are being implemented in the region by a team of approximately 150 staff, consultants, volunteers and partner organisations with an annual regional budget of approximately US$ 8 million.
The General Affairs Officer is responsible for maintaining asset and building management. The General Affair Officer will ensure that all office functions and facilities (includes, but not limited to: utility, security, cleanness, comfort, office supplies, etc.) are well operated either on workdays or on weekends in order to support FFI’s operations.
Your strong communication skill enables you to be a contact person of liaison between FFI and external parties (communities surrounding and/or formal and government’s organizations/institutions) particularly in term of all licenses documents needed for either FFI’s operations or personnel.
A qualified asset management skill will ensure that you are able to maintain recordkeeping, monitoring, safeguarding and reporting FFI’s assets in accordance and compliance with FFI’s global principles and practices. It will enable you to provide the necessary guidelines andsupport to colleagues across FFI Indonesia to ensure adherence to internal and external rules and regulations
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of Contract: One year fixed-term contract, with potential to extend
Probationary Period: N/A
- 20 working days annual leave entitlement plus national public holidays observed by the Indonesia country office
- Relocation flight on commencement of employment
- Repatriation flight on termination of employment
Location: The position is based in Jakarta with travel to monitor projects in the field and elsewhere as required
Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, working Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 06.00 pm with a one-hour lunch break. The timing of working hours can be modified with the agreement of the Line Manager.
GENERAL AFFAIR OFFICER, FFI PROGRAMME
Job Title: General Affair Officer
Reporting to: Admin Manager– Indonesia Programme Jakarta
Key Internal Relationships: Head Of Finance and admin Finance Manager,
Line Manager of: Operation Support staff
Under the supervision of the Admin Manager and working closely with the Head of Finance and Admin, the General Affair Officer will:
- Maintains and manages asset and building management;
- Facilitates office’s security and order to ensure they are well performed as well as cleanness of office’s area and FFI’s vehicles and fleet management;
- Coordinates and liaisons with related parties in making sure all licensing needed for the office are well and appropriately managed and keeping good relationship with community and government;
- Monitors and manages office’s utility management timely and regularly;
- Supports and facilitates the special event in related to FFI’s operations;
- Coordinates and assigns office helper for managing office’s cleaning service;
- Records, reports all office’s assets and maintains office’s facilities;
- Ensures and monitors availability of all office’s supplies, stationeries for office operations and safeguards office’s facilities as well as FFI’s assets
- University degree in business or equivalent business experience
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in General Affairs
- Good communication skill
- High level of coordinating skills
- Computer literate
- Experience with International NGO and grants management preferred
- Commitment and understanding of FFI Vision and Mission
- Works well in adverse team and a pressured environment
Applications, consisting of covering letter explaining why you feel you should be considered for this post, a full CV and contact details for three referees should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org – for General Affair Officer based in Jakarta
Vacancy will be closed 19 Desember 2016 and only short listed candidates will
be contacted for interviews