Since 1954, UNICEF Malaysia Country Office (MCO) has worked with the Government and the people of Malaysia to transform the lives of children across the nation.
MCO started Private Sector Fundraising activities in 2008 (to fund work in Malaysia, the ASEAN region and globally), and already has over 85,000 individual donors giving regular monthly gifts via automated bank transfers, with another 12,000 donors giving one-time gifts. This post is to ensure that we better conduct our fundraising communications in digital media to attract and keep donors. Together with the Communication team, MCO has over 200,000 contacts on Facebook and the central nature of digital in every aspect of MCOs work, and the fact that every donor we can engage via such media will ensure that we raise more money for our work with children, mean that the post-holder will be a key part of the MCO team.
Under the general supervision of the Private Sector Fundraising (PFP) Specialist, the key responsibilities include:
- Set and implement MCO’s digital fundraising and supporter engagement strategy, particularly in the area of individual donor fundraising
- Develop, implement and modify specific campaigns and activities to maximise engagement with the public, supporters and potential donors to convert as many as possible into taking specific actions, preferably donating.
- Support, monitor and evaluate the performance of the day-to-day operation of individual fundraising activities in digital channels such as on-line, mobile and DRTV – specifically:
- Individual Donor programme: To optimize acquisition and retention of pledge donors and prospect leads generation through digital channels such as on-line, mobile and DRTV by working closely with all the other fundraising officers Direct Marketing Campaign for On-line, Mobile and DRTV Channels: Work directly with Marketing Communications Officer for content development and with creative and media agency for production of digital fundraising material and media scheduling
- Prepare and submit forecasts; campaign analysis and reports; and annual reports on all on-line, mobile and DRTV campaigns
- Co-lead UNICEF’s digital response to humanitarian emergencies and disasters, with special focus on fundraising campaign/s online and by SMS
KEY COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced University degree in Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent professional work experience in the Marketing area with a University degree.
- 5 years practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media.
- Experience of writing and editing is especially important.
- 5 year practical professional work experience in Direct Marketing (such as consumer banking, insurance, telco, FMCG sectors)of which at least 2 years’ experience in digital/new media marketing.
- Fluency in English and another UN language is required.
- Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
- Computer skills’, including internet navigation and various office applications is required.
- Team player and ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment.
Successful candidates will be offered an attractive remuneration under the UN system at NO-A level with gross monthly salary between MYR 7,500 to RM 9,500 (depending on qualifications and experience).
- Eligible staff members will enjoy the following benefits and not limited to;
- Pension, Dependency Allowance, Overtime Incentive and Language Allowance
- Annual Leave, Maternity Leave and Paternity Leave
- Medical & Insurance covering Eye Care, Dental with comprehensive Group Insurance for spouse and children.
- Training & Development opportunities including external and internal trainings with a wide range of online trainings available.
- UNICEF is committed to providing work-life balance options and family-friendly policies to staff members.
This is a national position – All eligible Malaysians are encouraged to apply.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Closing Date: 11 January 2017