- Responsible for the bookkeeping and monthly financial reporting;
- Responsible for payments to contracting;
- Stays up to date about (any changes in) donor requirements;
- Ensures compliance with donor financial procedures and guidelines for audits and prepares for financial donor audits;
- Oversees local procurement;
- Ensures compliance with Government of Indonesia laws regarding financial systems and practices;
- Develops and monitors expenses against budget lines;
- Advices the Country Representative on financial management.
- Prepares contracts engaged by Simavi with third parties;
- Maintains a proper filing system of all programme documents both electronic and hardcopy;
- Manages all staff leave schedules;
- Monitors and updates the asset inventory;
- Maintains databases of government, donors, non-profit and community contacts to ensure they are up-to-date.
Capacity building & monitoring partner organisations
- Ensures that financial management policies and guidelines are followed and adhered to by partner organisations;
- Ensures timely and correct financial reporting of partner organizations to Simavi;
- Supports partner organizations in executing an accurate and correct bookkeeping system;
- Supports partner organizations in the preparation for annual audits;
- Reviews all reports from and payments to partner organizations with proper and adequate back-up documentation and report any inconsistencies to the Country Representative.
Management of staff
- The F&O Manager line manages the Finance & Administration Officer;
- Conducts the yearly performance and development cycle meetings;
- Manages the wellbeing of staff under his or her supervision;
- Approves leave days in consultation with the CR.
- Master’s degree (or Bachelor degree with 10-year working experience) in Finance, Accounting or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in financial and operations management, including overseeing the finance, preferably within an (I)NGO or an internationally-funded project;
- At least 3 years experience in line management of financial and support staff;
- Knowledge of Government of Indonesia (fiscal) laws and regulations regarding accounting, financial systems and practices;
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating audit activities, financial reporting, budget analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and accounting for an (I)NGO;
- Demonstrated experience in development, implementation and monitoring of financial policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in financial capacity building of partner organizations;
- Experience or readiness to work with different types of stakeholders/clients such as the government, local NGOs, community members, private sector.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English (oral and written);
- Competence and demonstrated experience in the use of computerised systems and programs (e.g. Excel), including financial software applications is essential;
- Attention to accuracy;
- Discretion and integrity;
- Ability to manage and prioritise a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Proactive problem solver.