As Head of Office you will be responsible for programmes and staff in Jerusalem and oversee the implementation of Kvinna till Kvinna programme activities.
You hold managerial, administrative, and financial responsibility, including the management of the overall country budget and staff. You are Kvinna till Kvinna’s official representative in the country. This entails networking and maintaining relationships with relevant international and national stakeholders, and developing and maintaining partnerships, first and foremost with women’s rights organisations.
The assignment requires a number of international trips per year including to attend management meetings.
The Head of Office is based in Jerusalem and reports to the Regional Manager MENA, based in the regional office in Amman.
- Master degree in Political science, Gender studies, International relations, Development studies or other relevant field;
- Minimum eight years of work experience, including at least two in a managerial position with responsibilities over at least 3-6 staff and a medium-sized budget;
- Solid experience of development cooperation work in a complex, conflict or post-conflict context; preferably from the MENA region;
- Experience working in partnership with local women organisations or civil society actors with one or more of the following thematic areas: promotion of gender equality/respect for women’s rights; peacebuilding/conflict resolution; women’s empowerment; gender-based violence prevention; and/or support to women’s human rights defenders;
- Experience in programme and project development, management, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and learning, and strong analytical, strategic and operational planning skills, including experience in results based management and quality assurance;
- Experience in fundraising;
- Fluent in English;
- A valid driver’s license.
- Collaborative, team-oriented, leader with the ability to motivate others;
- Strategic, goal-orientated with the ability to prioritise and delegate;
- Engaged and interested in women’s rights;
- Knowledge of International Human Rights Law and/or International Humanitarian Law;
- Familiarity with the Israel and Palestine conflict.
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or Swedish;
Terms and conditions of employment
Two years fulltime contract (international development cooperation assignment) with possibility of extension (up to five years pending on funding).
Kvinna till Kvinna has collective agreement (Tjänstemän Idea, Unionen och Akademikerförbunden) and offers a competitive benefits package. This position does not offer family placement.
Start of employment during Spring 2018. Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
- What do you find interesting in this position and what would be developing?
- Which of your experiences and knowledge would you use in this position?