WomenServe India Foundation
Country Director, India
WomenServe’s mission is to remove barriers to gender equality through initiatives focused on water security, health, hygiene, education and income generation opportunities. We believe that when women and girls have the chance to share their voices they have the power to create change and opportunity for themselves and future generations.
In 2009 WomenServe, with partners Traditional Medicinals (TM), Traditional Medicinals Foundation (TMF), Martin Bauer, and Umalaxmi came togetherto support farming families in Rajasthan, India with one of thelargest medicinal plant community development projects in the world known as the Revive! Project. The purpose of Revive is to leverage sustainable organic farming practices through community based social initiatives; access to water, education, economic development, health and hygiene, and income generation, to reduce poverty in rural Rajasthan. Today, the program advocates for more than 12,000 people in six farming villages, contributing to greater community self-reliance.
The WomenServe India Foundation is seeking to hire aCountry Director.This is a full-time contractor position based in or near Delhi or Jodhpur, with travel to Western Rajasthan required.
Reporting to the Founder, Nioma Sadler and the WomenServe India Board of Directors, The Country Director is responsible for fundraising and revenue generation, organizational oversight and reporting, strategic planning, public relations, building government linkages, and supporting staff capacity development as well as fiscal management of the Foundation’s financial and programmatic resources.
- Fundraising/ Revenue generation
- Organizational oversight
- Strategic planning
- Public relations / government linkages
- Field staff capacity development
Admin and management
- Coordinate FCRA application requirements with government officials
- Plan and facilitate WSIF board meetings and logistics
- Maintain quarterly financial statements
- Coordinate annual audit
- Provide inputs, review, and edit, all WS documents including progress reports, project descriptions, implementation plans, budgets, and evaluation reports;
- Manage the process of reporting on program performance for funders and the board of directors
- Provide detailed written updates on WS projects status to all valued stakeholders
WS project management
- Collaborate with Revive team to ensure successful and timely implementation of WS projects
- Work in collaboration with US Program Manager to ensure monitoring and evaluation activities
- Point of contact for local organizations
- Conduct preliminary site visits to potential partner organizations
- Coordinate logistics for storytelling and Founder visits
New program development
- Conduct research for development of new water security initiatives
Field staff capacity development
- Inspire, train and empower field staff on project planning activities, building reporting templates and documentation
- Create and implement performance evaluation system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all direct report staff
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements across all WS projects to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all staff
- Cultivate relationships with field staff by providing support, direction, and feedback
Public relations / government linkages
- Represent WS at local and national level
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key stakeholders including; project beneficiaries, community leaders, government officials, NGOS, and donors and board members
- Coordinate efforts to establish and strengthen government linkages
- Model behavior that is consistent with organizational culture
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling oversight of individual and organization performance standards
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to create and benchmark against an annual fundraising and revenue generating strategy and work plan.
- Work with the US and India based Board of Directors to develop and reassess WS strategy
- Ensure program staff and projects are working within strategic plan and the mission of the organization
Qualifications and Requirements;
- Minimum fifteen years Executive-level experience leading an International NGO in India, with a strong preference for candidates who have experience working in rural and/or grassroots development;
- Proven track-record of fundraising and revenue generation;
- Demonstrated experience with gender/women’s inclusion programming;
- Demonstrated experience successfully engaging or partnering with NGOs and government;
- Demonstrated experience conducting monitoring and evaluation activities for rural community development programs;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage a variety of activities concurrently;
- Fluency in English and Hindi
- Proficient in English and Hindi typing
- Ability to use MS office
- Based in Delhi or Jodhpur, India with travel to Western Rajasthan required.
Yearly remuneration: Contractor fees commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter, resume, three references and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WomenServe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
Closing Date: 16 June 2018