editorial, outreach and communications initiatives. This senior position
works closely with the editorial and program team to increase the
audience and social impact of our work.
With a primary focus on video, the Impact and Engagement Manager will
develop and manage social impact campaigns focused on human rights and
environmental issues in Southeast Asia. These campaigns, and day-to-day
media distribution, will experiment with non-mainstream engagement
platforms, creating alternative models that are not reliant on Facebook,
Twitter, and other data-harvesting and privacy-compromising companies.
The role has a strong emphasis on English language writing skills.
The position is full-time and may be based out of any major Southeast Asian city.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com with the title “Impact and Engagement Manager“.
Applications close December 18, 2018.
- Expand the distribution and impact of under-represented stories from Southeast Asia
- Increase the capacity of EngageMedia staff, and our networks, to reach larger audiences and create social impact
- Build stronger connections between activists, journalists, social movements, film festivals, and a variety of media outlets
- Produce and document a series of impact models that are regionally relevant and reproducible
Impact and Engagement
- Lead the acquisition and curation of Southeast Asia social issue video content
- Drive the development of impact campaigns, working closely with the EngageMedia team and a range of partners
- Work with researchers, journalists, and experts to compile background information on thematic issues
- Experiment with a variety of non-corporate promotion and engagement platforms, documenting their limits and possibilities
- Develop and promote new avenues (both on and offline) for
video-makers and campaigners to build and engage audiences, increasing
their reach and impact
- Increase the profile and reputation of EngageMedia, allowing us to
curate high-quality content and provide access to larger audiences
Partner Development and Networking
- Develop partnerships with campaigners, video activists,
journalists, and NGOs and mainstream media outlets to get content
distributed and to generate impact
- Represent EngageMedia in online and off-line forums
- Promote EngageMedia via mainstream media, blogging and social media activities
Management and Strategy
- Lead and manage the editorial and engagement team
- Work closely with program staff to develop communications and engagement plans, and lead or support their implementation
- Oversee and develop social media and outreach strategy
- Ensure communications activities conform to branding and style guidelines, and quality standards
- Proof written materials prior to publication
- Mentor and support staff to be more effective in their outreach, engagement, and impact efforts
- Advise the Executive Director in fundraising and partnership
efforts, including supporting proposal writing, networking, and
- Conduct project monitoring and document what we are learning via short reports, videos and blogging
- Excellent communication skills, including professional writing and editing abilities
- Strong knowledge and expertise in the use of video and technology for creating social change
- Strong media and journalism networks
- High level knowledge of media and technology trends, both their opportunities and pitfalls
- A background in journalism and/or campaign communications
- Fluent English and proficiency in at least one Southeast Asian language
- Excellent management and planning skills
- Ability to take on a variety of deadline-driven tasks with limited supervision
- A commitment to open source and alternative technologies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills: willingness to learn new things, build expertise and develop new approaches
- Ability to lead, motivate, and manage a culturally diverse and virtual team
- Minimum 7 years experience in the field
- An understanding of and commitment to EngageMedia’s aims and workplace values
- Send An application letter in English expressing your interest in the position (maximum 300 words)
- Provide a current CV in English
- Include two referees
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Impact and Engagement Manager“.
- Applications close December 18, 2018.
All applications with be kept strictly confidential. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
uses the power of video, the internet and open technologies to create
social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist
movements challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well
as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists,
technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider
audiences for their vital messages, and move people to action.