International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all
for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is
helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the Finance,
Administrative, Logistical, Grants Management, IT, and Human Resources
functions for the program. The incumbent will guide the program to
develop and implement sustainable management strategies, set standards
related to operational management, and ensure that human and financial
resources are aligned and maximized for the greatest conservation
impact. The position will report to the Country Director, Timor-Leste
but also collaborates with the Asia Pacific Field Division Operations
Director, and CI-HQ. Timor-Leste Country program is one of 14 country
programs in the Asia-Pacific Field Division.
main duties of this position are two-fold, firstly as a strategic
manager who will implement practices and guidelines in the area of
Finances, Human Resources, Operations, and Administration including
Assests, to ensure attainment of program business plans for growth and
sustainability, and ensuring all are in compliance with both local laws
and organizational policies; and secondly working in a hands-on capacity
to ensure all financial and administrative tasks are completed within
designated deadlines, and to identify gaps in process and propose proven
ways to address those gaps.
- Ensure the month-end process is completed within Corporate deadlines
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual account reconciliation, reporting and maintenance of registers and schedules
- Responsible for preparation of Domestic Tax and other Statutory obligations..
- Development and management of proposal budgets for Incoming Grants and CI-TL annual budget.
- Responsible for monitoring and compliance with financial reporting requirements of Donors
actively in external grant making processes, including review and
evaluation of proposals, risk assessment of applicants, drafting of
agreements, development of appropriate monitoring program, review of
financial reporting, close outs, and associated documentation and record
- Ensure contracts are awarded and managed in conformity with CI’s procurement and contracting policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely closeouts of donor and external grants in line with CI Policies and Procedures.
- Liaison with HQ in relation to compliance information, local standards and conflicting issues
monthly budgets, ensuring that program year-round expenditures are
utilized based on the approved budget. Ensure that all disbursements are
within the ceiling, and that major deviations, if any, are justified
and approved both by CI and donor organizations
internal control systems and procedures. Based on CI Operational
Policies and Procedures and local and national regulations, leads the
development and implementation of internal control mechanisms within the
program in order to safeguard all assets (i.e., cash, supplies, and
real properties) from loss or from any unauthorized use.
the annual audit of the financial records and ensures that all audit
findings and observations are corrected and addressed.
- Provides financial analysis and interpretation to management.
- Monitor, control & manage cash flow to ensure adequate funds available to meeting monthly business requirements
- Responsible for all disbursements including Accounts Payable, Payroll & External Grants
- Management of domestic and international banking arrangements, funds transfers & administration
- Maintenance, calculation, analysis & staff benefit / entitlement reporting
- Ensures compliance with local labor laws and CI global policies.
documentation of HR processes, including recruitment and selection and
maintenance of all CI staff’s official permanent records in compliance
with legal requirements of the Timor-Leste labor laws and CI policy.
that the Performance Management cycle is understood and implemented by
all CI-TL employees, including responsibility for undertaking
performance management with direct reports.
- Assesses staff training needs and recommend/design/implement training programs for staff development and capacity building.
advice to senior management on issues related to employee relations,
benefits, training and development and performance.
- Monitor, control & manage the safe storage and maintenance of all assets and field and expedition equipment
accurate lists for all assets and equipment and ensure regular checks
are carried in accordance with donor or CI policies
- Responsible for all disbursements and receivables of equipment and assets for field offices, expeditions and field activities
and maintain relationships with key logistical suppliers within
Timor-Leste to ensure safe and timely delivery of assets and equipment,
and implementation of expeditions and field activities.
administrative tasks to ensure the efficient and effective running of
the Timor-Leste offices including maintaining all appropriate records of
correspondence, contracts, accounts, etc.
- Implement CI policies and procedures that ensure a smooth-running office.
IT component ensuring function operates per CI policy and procedure and
that program operations are optimally supported.
efficient use of program resources making sure that administrative
services are provided in a timely and cost-effective way.
- Academic qualifications in Finance and/or Business Administration
years experience in management of operations (administration, finance,
human resources, grants resources, logistics, and donor management)
- 5+ years experience in a field office working with a team from diverse backgrounds and with diverse skill sets
- Experience with diverse funding environment including US and European governments, multi-laterals, and large foundations
- High level experience with financial and business practices
- Proven experience in training national staff
- Sound experience with HR function and practices
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
in management of technology including use of Microsoft office;
accounting platforms and other financial software (Agresso preferred).
to analyze trends and tendencies and to translate this information in
the review and development of the Country Program’s strategic
- Capacity to plan, prioritize and implement with a strategic approach
- Experience working for an international not-for-profit organization an advantage.
- Some language skills in Tetun or Portugese an advantage.
- Prior experience in Timor-Leste an advantage.
- Analytical: Utilizes effective problem solving and decision making models
- Experienced and able to travel to field sites if needed
- Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms
- Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
- Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident
that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation
- Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and
cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world