The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 191 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is looking for qualified candidate to fill the following position:
RISK MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR – NATIONAL STAFF
Date of issue: 05 – 03 – 2019
Closing date: 14 – 03 – 2019
Duty station: JAKARTA
Contract Duration: 3 (three) months
Category of Staff: National Staff
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 190-member National Societies. The Organization acts before, during and after disasters, crises and health emergences to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality), policies and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade.
Over the course of the last 4 months several disasters have impacted Indonesia in distinct regions of the country. This series of disasters continues to evolve in scope and scale. The operations are complex in nature, in part due to the decision by the Indonesian government to limit international aid as well as the presence of foreign humanitarian workers. Reporting to the Head of Country Cluster Support Team this position, based in Jakarta but with periodic trips to field locations, will help to assess and mitigate potential areas of programmatic, financial, legal and reputational risk amongst others.
Under the direction of the Head of Country Cluster Support Team and technical supervision of the Director of the Office of Internal Audit and Investigations (OIAI) in Geneva, the Risk Management Coordinator provides independent risk management and advisory services that are designed to add value and give management objective assurance on the effectiveness of the operation’s risk management. He/She will partner with and guide the Lombok and Sulawesi Earthquake and Tsunami Operations IFRC and Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI)teams in implementing a strong risk management initiative, including develop a risk analysis and risk mitigation systems in the operations. The Coordinator also support the management on fraud and corruption prevention, ethics and integrity compliance under the guidance of OIAI, Geneva.
- Provide guidance and training on risk management to the management and operations team on key risk areas and appropriate risk mitigation action plans.
- Support the teams in establishing action plans, making practical and economical recommendations for improvements
- Support the senior management in the CCST to develop systems and application of tools for continuation of risk management initiatives.
- Provide support to managers in mapping of risks and consolidated the results in a master risk register for the Operations.
- Facilitate discussions with the management and operation teams to review and update the operations risk register on a regular basis.
- Facilitate risk management workshops as required.
Fraud and Corruption Prevention and Control Awareness
- Provide support, advice and training to all staff in the IFRC and PMI on fraud and corruption risk prevention.
- Coordinate with the Investigations Unit, Office of Internal Audit and Investigations when fraud and corruption cases are identified.
National Society Capacity Enhancement
- Provide guidance and support to the Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI), in close coordination with the National Society Development Unit to improve the National Society’s risk management framework.
- Be the focal person for risk management activities and fraud and corruption prevention awareness.
- Provide assurance regarding the efficient and effective management of IFRC resources used in operations.
- Provide assurance regarding compliance with IFRC procedures, regulations and policies. Keep IFRC management duly informed on any material developments which could affect the IFRC and movement partners.
- Relevant university education, MSc. or MA (Business, Finance, Law, Criminology, Governance, etc.)
- Internal audit qualification (PIIA, MIIA, CIA) or equivalent
- Certified fraud examiner and/or forensic audit related qualification or equivalent
- At least 8 years’ professional experience in internal auditing and/or risk management
- Experience in delivering training and awareness on risk management, fraud and corruption prevention and control
- Experience in working on investigations related to financial fraud, corruption, collusion, mismanagement and misuse of funds in the humanitarian or public sector
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment
- International experience working for a humanitarian or development organization
- Experience in working with an anti-corruption/ethics agency or department
- Experience in coordinating with investigative entities, authorities, donors and other actors
- Fluent spoken and written English
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: Indonesia.email@example.com
Please indicate on the subject heading: RISK MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR