JOB from International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies Closing date: 25 Mar 2019
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 191 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is seeking a Human Resources Intern. The HR Intern will directly assist the Senior Human Resources Officer with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, on boarding/orientation and employee benefits.
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Application Deadline: 25 March 2019
Type of Contract: Internship
Post Level: Intern
Starting Date: 1 April 2019
Duration of Initial Contract: 3-6 months
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and management of the Senior Human Resources Officer, the intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the performance of the following duties:
- Support recruiting and hiring process, including: posting job openings, reviewing resumes and interviews arrangement.
- Assist in implementing and reviewing HR policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development/maintenance of HR information systems and forms management.
- Assist in maintaining HR records (electronic and hardcopy).
- Address employee queries about benefits (health insurance benefit; termination benefit; annual leave balance; etc).
- Administer insurance claims and liaise with insurance providers as appropriate and provide support on health insurance tender process.
- Process visa and working permits for delegates and visitors.
- Support the Human Resources unit for day to day activities
- Be enrolled in a Master’s degree or in the final academic year of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a major relevant to the Human Resources profession. This may include Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Psychology, or any relevant field.
- Have completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, but not exceeded one-year from date of completion of the degree
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Proven good judgment and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality;
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Indonesia languages;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude;
Competencies and Values
- Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability.
- Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork.
Summary Terms and Conditions:
- Interns are not entitled to a salary or benefits from the Federation;
- Federation will provide the intern with a daily allowance which will serve to cover the cost of meals and other related expenses. The amount of that Allowance is IDR 5,250,000 per month;
- Interns are solely responsible for making their own logistical arrangements (visa, travel, accommodation, insurance, etc.) as well as for their cost prior to starting the internship;
- The IFRC accepts no responsibility to provide medical insurance, or for costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during the internship. Interns are required to provide a copy of their health and accident insurance certification;
- Interns are expected to work during normal working hours (maximum 40 hours per week);
- Interns are entitled to 1.5 days of paid leave per month in addition to the public holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications with your curriculum vitae to: Indonesia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on the subject heading: HR-INTERN