About the organisation:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation with a presence in 40 countries around the globe. Islamic Relief Worldwide is a UK based International relief. We have been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which over three billion people still live in poverty.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia was in operation since 2003 following the MOU signing with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The objective of IRW in Indonesia programme is to contribute to the social welfare of the Indonesia people and to alleviate the suffering. The main sector for the programme include:
- Water and Sanitation
- Sustainable livelihood
- Child Welfare
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Response
- Climate Change
- Health and Nutrition
The geographical area of work include Banten, NTB, Aceh and Central Sulawesi province directly implementing or through partners. The operation in Palu is implemented through a local NGO partner.
Currently Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia is looking to recruit Community Mobilizer for Nutrition, Livelihood and DRR based in Palu – Central Sulawesi.
Community Mobilizer (3 positions: one for Nutrition, one for Livelihood and one for DRR)
Reporting Line: Project Coordinators in Palu office
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct rapid rural appraisal (RRA) to map the targeted village, analyse problem, identify potentials, and other relevant issues to the projects
- Assist the coordinator in beneficiary identification and selection
- Conduct assessment in the field to identify beneficiary need guided by assessment lead
- Build rapport with the community leader, elderly, village office, and other stakeholders
- Engage with the targeted communities through regular visits, informal dialogues, and other form of communications
- Organize community meetings related to project activities
- Organize awareness raising activities for communities relevant to project aim
- Facilitate community meetings or workshop to establish community organizations including cooperatives, self-help groups, etc. with organization office bearers and statute;
- Prepare the communities, venue, and other logistics needs for trainings and other capacity building activities needed by the project
- Prepare the communities and other relevant stakeholders to implement activities set up by each project
- Produce activity report every time the activity is completed
- In collaboration with the village office and community representatives, organize meetings with district decision makers relevant to project activities
- Prepare the communities, venues, and community committee for distribution activities
- Lead the volunteer in the post distribution monitoring activities in coordination with MEAL staff
- Building partnerships and networking with stakeholders in the community
- Prepare the communities for the orientation of complaint and feedback response mechanism (CFRM), safeguarding, PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Exploitation), antibribery and corruption and fraud facilitated by MEAL staff
- Assist in ensuring complaint and feedback is received and welcome by Islamic Relief
- Other relevant task with the IR’s mission
Required skills & Competencies:
- University graduate in relevant studies
- Minimum 1-2 years in relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working as a team member.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle.
- Ability to multitask with competing demands under tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
Accountability: All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project.
How to apply:
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting applications is: 6 May 2019