Save the Children in Indonesia is changing for the better. We’ve begun to build a national organization that aims to be a strong, local, and self-sustaining voice for children in Indonesia. To this end, SC Indonesia has been designated as a “Prospect Member”. As ‘Prospect Member’ Indonesia has been identified as part of the next way of new member development, which focuses on strengthening and localizing our voice for children in strategic middle income countries. Indonesia has been authorized by member ballot to start fundraising locally as a first step towards building a financially sustainable local organization. Future work will also involve developing a strong local governance structure and building key partnerships with local government, the private sector, local civil society among others. Success of the pilot phase will set the Indonesia on a pathway to full membership.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Within YSTC’s financial framework, the post holder is responsible to implement and undertake financial, accounting and support for budgeting activities for the Emergency Response (ER) projects. Moreover, s/he will provide support to staff in maintaining efficient financial systems/ records to ensure optimum support to Emergency Response implementation and operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in finance/accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in finance or related field with NGOs.
- Good understanding of humanitarian emergency response.
- Good understanding of English.
- Good understanding in spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent understand of accounting / finance flows.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems, software, networking and internet
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good sense of prioritisation.
- Conscious about meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently without considerable day-to-day support.
- Good team facilitator and member.
- Willingness to travel at times in difficult conditions.
- A commitment to high quality of work and efficiency.
- Low resistance to change.
- Concern for detail.
To apply for this position, please click and go to our career site on: CLICK HERE
Closing date for application is up to May 10th, 2019
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)