10 Nov 2012
MzN | International is a non-profit, social business providing short
and long-term technical assistance to non-governmental organisations.
Our core skills are delivering capacity enhancement and interim
management services in the area of financial and grant management. We
also help clients in their recruitment efforts in this area.
We are currently seeking Portuguese speaking financial experts for
various locations worldwide.
WHAT WE OFFER
MzN | International manages the recruitment process for our clients.
Clients include major iNGOs, such as Save the Children, Oxfam, IRC,
Action Aid and also smaller ones like Mission East and Nonviolent
Candidates who are successful in their application will receive an
attractive salary and remuneration package. Candidates may be considered
for more than one of the posts currently available without having to
submit multiple applications. This process ensures that candidates can
apply efficiently and that the best candidates are matched with the most
• Responsible for Finance and Grant management at the national
office and sub offices, ensuring ongoing capacity enhancement, managing
investments into change projects, and
• Ensuring compliance to local laws, the organisation’s internal
systems and donor rules and regulations
• Financial and grant related matters relating to the national and sub
offices, and oversee activities, including leading on training of staff
and other capacity building initiatives
• Build effective relationships within the organisation, with external
consultants and donors.
• Support the Executive Management Team to achieve the NGO’s goals and
• Advising, foreseeing challenges, training needs and potential
conflicts before they arise to plan and implement mitigating action.
• PROFESSIONAL FLUENCY IN PORTUGUESE
• At least 5 years experience working within Finance, of which at
least 3 years in the NGO sector, preferably in the developing world
• Qualified professional accountant (internationally recognised
qualification as CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA). Please note that practical
experience equivalent will be considered
• Experience in staff management, supervision and capacity building
• Proven track record of providing strategic support for multi-sector
and/ or multi-country programmes
• Knowledge of requirements of, and experience in budgeting and
reporting to major donors (USAID, DFID, ECHO, UN agencies, WB, EC,
AusAID, OFDA, EuropeAid)
• Good attention to detail and analytical skills
• Computer literate (i.e. MS Word, advanced Excel, Email communication
software (e.g. Outlook), Internet Explorer, financial systems).
• Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills
in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams
MzN | International will evaluate CVs based solely on the above required
qualifications. Candidates who do not meet these qualifications will
not be considered. We regret that due to the volume of application we
can only contact successful applicants.
Application must be made through our website: please fill out the
online application questions, and submit your CV using our CV template
available for download here. Note that we cannot accept and will not
consider applications made using other CV templates. Please name your CV
file: MzN Standard CV – Forename Surname. On the CV please do not
forget to detail which role you are applying for at the top of the CV
Should you experience any problems with the online application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact successful candidates immediately. Candidates will
be considered for all available posts and do not need to submit more
than one application.