Country Office Manager/Director for Indonesia Office
Posted: 19/12/2016 09:36
Deadline: 27/01/2017 23:59
Job Type: Permanent
Oxford Policy Management Ltd. (OPML) is a leading international development consultancy, with ten international offices and over 300 staffs across the globe. With our works, we are committed to help low- and middle- income countries achieve growth and reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform.
We have a great senior level opportunity to lead and grow our Indonesia office. This role currently reports into the Director of International Offices.
- Provide in-country strategic, technical and managerial leadership.
- Manage, coordinate and expand OPM Indonesia team capabilities
- Ensure strategic and financial delivery according to the strategy and budget.
- Management of operational delivery.
- Coordinate inputs between Oxford and Indonesia across all disciplines.
- Represent OPM in Jakarta and regularly undertake business development and networking activities.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Achieve the Indonesia team business and financial objectives and targets, ensuring effective collaboration with other teams across the company.
- Efficient and effective use of the team’s human and financial resources to deliver agreed targets.
- Develop and expand pipeline of work.
- Personal participation in and management of large and/or strategic company projects.
- Lead the team’s intellectual capital development activities to support wider company objectives.
- Effective management of the team, including both technical and non-technical staff.
- Participate in the development of business, market, operational and financial strategies and plans for the company as a whole and, within that context, lead the development of strategies and plans for the Jakarta Office.
- Monitor all aspects of the performance of the team in relation to agreed objectives, plans and targets, and ensure that action is taken to address any adverse variances. Provide regular performance reports and commentaries to the IDD, PD or MD.
- Be accountable for sales, gross margin and profitability of all projects in Indonesia in order to deliver the agreed performance targets.
- Market the company’s activities to clients including donors, international organisations, foundations, governments, regulators and other parties. Develop a marketing plan for the Jakarta office.
- Develop and identify market opportunities and convert them into projects. Determine whether to respond to opportunities on the basis of defined criteria, including the team’s strategic priorities and the company’s financial requirements. Prepare tenders for projects, including project budgets and staffing plans.
- Seek out and develop partnerships with relevant (research) institutions and government agencies (at central and state levels) in an effort to explore new/innovative areas of policy/research work.
- Assign responsibilities for consulting projects to suitably qualified staff, and personally manage selected projects of strategic importance to the company. Participate in other selected OPM client projects, as required.
- Take responsibility for the quality of all aspects of the work of the work, in line with company standards.
- Lead the intellectual debate within the Office.
- Ensure the team is properly staffed and coordinated with other parts of the company.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of Associates and external consultants and manage OPM’s relationships with them.
- Any other reasonably responsibility requested of you by the IDD, PD or the MD
Qualifications & experience
- Degree and post-graduate qualification in relevant discipline (economics, development economics or other appropriate social science discipline).
- Management of technical teams related to OPM work.
- People Management experience would be desirable.
- Extensive experience working in the Indonesian market.
- Experience of project management, including the management of large project teams.
- Results focused and the ability to work at pace.
- Ambition to see OPM grow and develop.
- Positive and energising attitude.
If you are interested in the vacancy, please apply online through this Link.