Hi, We’re 17 Triggers!
We’re a behavior change lab. We work around the world using design thinking, creative problem solving and human-centered design to help bring creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
Marketing for good causes is what we do. That’s right, 100% good causes. Whether it’s triggering Cambodian farmers to triple their crop yields, Zambian children to finish school, or rural Haitians to buy solar lights and cookstoves, we believe that creative ideas can help make the world a better place. We’ve worked on projects related to health, sanitation, water, education, agriculture/food security, financial inclusion and digital financial services, climate change, family planning, safe migration, child marriage and more.
We are looking for a Senior Service Designer to be based at our head office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Are you smart, open-minded and able to bring in fresh ideas? If you have the skills to create positive impact on a global level and within multiple cultures, we’d love to chat with you! Keep reading to find out more about the position.
The job at a glance
You will lead a multi-talented and diverse design team comprised of between 3-6 people, depending on the project you oversee. You will guide the team to discover the root causes of the problem. When this is found, you will come up with ideas to solve the problem. As ideas start coming to life, you will begin strategizing how to test these ideas with real people on the ground.
Some possible problems to solve could be:
- Why do rural women stop using improved cookstoves after three months even though they spend their own money to purchase it?
- Why do doctors re-use contaminated injections which can lead to the spread of HIV in rural villages?
- Why don’t people renew disaster insurance even though typhoons happen so often?
At 17 Triggers we don’t assume solutions will work, we test them and get feedback directly from end users. We do more than focus group discussions, we create ‘real enough to feel’ prototypes that are tested over several days or weeks – behavioral trials that help us monitor actual human behavior rather than what people say they will do.
- You have 10+ years’ experience doing design research and strategy at a research, service design, design thinking or innovation firm, start-ups or advertising agency
- You have demonstrated experience designing and facilitating workshops/trainings
- You have a degree in international development, research, anthropology, behavioral economics/sciences, design, business design, innovation leadership, human-centered design, service design, user experience/systems design, etc.
- You are willing and excited to travel 40% of your time
- You know how to take charge, rally teams and deliver projects on time
- You bring in refreshing ideas, have a sense of humor and are fun to be around
- You have work experience with multilateral or bilateral agencies, NGO-type clients in a developing country
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- You are fluent in Khmer or French language
- You have a Masters/graduate degree
- You have work experience in multiple developing countries (esp. in Asia or Africa)
- You have experience in curriculum or training design
- You have experience with financial inclusion, digital financial services and/or financial capabilities
Salary? Benefits? Yep, we got them too.
- A highly competitive salary package for being based in Cambodia
- A fantastic global health insurance package which covers 10 outpatient visits, emergency evacuation if necessary, etc.
- 3 weeks paid leave + 3 weeks paid national holidays
- Visa and work permit
- Some relocation expenses (i.e. One way plane ticket, a small baggage allowance of 250USD, plus one week housing allowance until you find a place to live)
- Home leave after 2 years working with us (one round trip ticket to your home country)
HOW TO APPLY:
- Write ‘I am your next Frankenstein’ in the subject line
- Your CV
- A portfolio or small sample of your best work
- A 2-3 minute video telling us why you want to work for 17 Triggers. No need to be a fancy video, we really just want to see your personality and hear your answer