Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.
This is one year position.
As World Vision Canada’s (WVC’s) primary point person for the Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs (HEA) programming for specific regional office(s) and specific non-sponsorship humanitarian context countries in these regions, this position of Program Manager provides support to National Offices through emergency and grant proposal development assistance, programme and project funding, project implementation support and monitoring, sharing of information between key external and internal WVC stakeholders, strategy development and provision of analysis to relevant stakeholders.
The Program Manager will enhance field level program quality through direct support to National Offices:
- Direct project management of institutional grants, with accountability to donors
- Point person for national emergency responses
- Development of National HEA Strategies that align with Partnership standards (Model of Ministry) and strategy as well as integrative programming.
Provision of quality ministry support through:
- Support to implement WV approved Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DME) processes.
- Review and feedback on HEA project documents [plans, reports and evaluations for grants and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS) funding]
- Provision of National Office funding including capacity building funds to support staff development in DME and other key sectors (DRR, IPM/ARP, Humanitarian competencies).
- Participation in HEA communities of practice.
- Resource Acquisition and Management: Accountable for appropriate, targeted resourcing of field programs and projects – in alignment with WVC and regional and national strategies. This includes grants, institutional donors, other institutional donors and private funding acquisition.
- Technical Support Provide strategic, technical (where appropriate) and analytical support (quality assurance) to relevant stakeholders including within HEA, Public Relations, Marketing, Finance in regard to country and/or technical specialization.
- Collaboration with other teams within WVC to support effective program/ project implementation in line with development programming, field office and regional HEA strategies.
- Back-Stopping and Deployment: Provide surge capacity either in field deployments to emergency response, and/or support WVC HEA portfolio management while other team members may deploy.
- BA in International Development or related; Master’s Level Degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in designing successful proposals and managing proposal development teams to ensure timely, high quality inputs from all team members
- Skills and experience in grant management
- Thorough understanding of donor requirements, guidelines and priorities (Global Affairs Canada, European Union, and some knowledge of Multilateral Institutions an asset.
- Excellent ability to work cross-organizationally with multiple stakeholders to ensure alignment and realization of strategic objectives
- Skills in cross-cultural communication and experience working with remote teams
- Identifies and analyzes situations and/or issues related to the acquisition management process, considers options, develops solutions, recommends and monitors appropriate solutions
- An expectation of international travel of approximately 2-4 trips per year, so as to ensure realization of high quality outputs from each of the specific accountabilities
- Excellent communication and listening skills are critical
- A demonstrated ability to take initiative with confidence and sound judgment
- Ability to manage several moving parts simultaneously
HOW TO APPLY:
World Vision is committed to the protection of children; all offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check. Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application via our careers website: CLICK HERE
This posting will remain open until position is filled.
Closing Date: 31 January 2018