The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 191 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is looking for qualified candidate to fill the following position:
FIELD OFFICER (INDONESIAN NATIONALITY)
Date of issue: 11 – 02 – 2019
Closing date: 18 – 02 – 2019
Duty station: LOMBOK
Contract Duration: 12 (twelve) months
Category of Staff: National Staff
The Field Officer will work under the supervision and guidance of Field Coordinator. The person will be the principal representative of executing the overall activities at field level and report to the Field Coordinator. The main of the Field Officer will be to establish strong coordination and linkages with PMI technical leads in the field to ensure that program activities are implemented successfully
- Support the implement the project activities in within the respective area of responsibility as per the Plan of Action.
- Maintain close coordination with IFRC and PMI technical leads in the project implementation.
- Ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach is undertaken among the field level technical leads.
- Assist Field Coordinator in organizing various workshops, trainings and planning.
- Assist the Field Coordinator in ensuring field-based project staff receive relevant skills training and knowledge development required for effective implementation.
- Update and report the Field Coordinator on a regular basis about the progress and constraints and try to resolve implementation problems.
- Act as a field level representative, as called upon by the Field Coordinator during review meetings, evaluation and discussions.
- Supervise the activities of field-based staff and consultants, including administrative work and delivery of project outputs, and as required by Field Coordinator
- Maintain close coordination with PMI branches and government agencies project area and keep them fully informed of the project activities.
- Coordinate all activities between the provincial branch and IFRC team in the field.
Knowledge, skills and languages
Advanced skills in computers (Windows, word processing, spread sheets, etc.); Able to work independently and as part of the team; Exceptional level of patience and able to work long hours; Strong negotiation skills; Ability to detect and resist potential fraud; Documentation preparation and filing skills; Ability to deliver unfavorable news to unsuccessful suppliers/providers; Fluently spoken and written English.
Competencies and values
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork;
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: Indonesia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on the subject heading: FIELD OFFICER – LOMBOK