Research Officer – Remote Sensing
The position will entail taking a lead role in the execution of Teagasc tasks and work packages.
These tasks focus on determining the effect of urine patch size and shape on nitrous oxide emissions and the detection of urine patches using ground and aerial remote sensing using drones.
Responsibilities will also include communicating with the project team in New Zealand and Australia, project reporting and leading a peer reviewed publication.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively with the project partners regarding deliverable deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with the project coordinating institute and partners to meet reporting deadlines.
- Contribute to developing N loop closure opportunities in temperate agricultural systems.
- Play a lead role in the coordination and running of field experiments focused on nitrous oxide measurement and sensor validation.
- Lead the writing of a peer reviewed paper.
- Present findings at national and international meetings as appropriate.
- Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in Agricultural, Environmental, Plant Science, Soil Science or a related discipline.
- Mastery of spoken and written English.
- A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in nutrient or related field research would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven record of scientific communications.
How to Apply:
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at CLICK HERE.
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Thursday 18th April 2019.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.